Bank of Vernon's history dates back to November 11, 1911, becoming the first bank in Alabama chartered by the Alabama Banking Department. Our first location was courthouse square.
Bank of Vernon has endured the challenging time of the Great Depression and other economic downtimes prevailing as a strong, well-capitalized hometown, independent bank.
The mission of Bank of Vernon is to offer quality financial services and build relationships in its trade area. Our shareholders have ties to the bank's service area which closely align the bank's goals with those of the area we serve.
The main office of Bank of Vernon is located at 44825 Highway 17, Vernon, Alabama. Other branches are Westside Express Bank located at 9435 Highway 18, Vernon, Alabama; Caledonia Branch Bank located at 9715 Wolfe Road, Caledonia, Mississippi; and Columbus Branch Bank located at 3561 Bluecutt Road, Columbus, Mississippi.